An Otp has been sent to your registered Email Address.Please put the otp to verify your Email Address to LogIn your Account.
Smart Travelling Things to Know Before Visiting Singapore!
Singapore, a top destination for holiday, is the island country in Southeast Asia. It is one of the global commerce also, one of the most developed and urbanized country in Asia. Buddhism is the widely practiced religion. The official currency is Singapore Dollar. Singapore is undoubtedly a beautiful country with diverse flora and fauna. It is not a “garden city” but a “city in a garden”, as the people delightfully calls so!
Singapore is also one of the most expensive city in the World, the upside being you will find no signs of congestion throughout the city. Why you may ask? Because owning a vehicle is in itself a luxury. If you have one, you must be a millionaire or let’s say, a billionaire. In addition to buying a vehicle, especially cars, the road taxes are so high that it is not possible for the middle class to bear the expense. Oh and most importantly, chewing gum is banned in the country.
While this list can go on and on. The country will astonish you at every step. Here are a few smart travelling tips, which will help your way through the trip in Singapore.
- The foremost essential thing you should keep in mind before travelling to a new place is, you should plan all your itineraries, so that it does not turn out to be a mess there. So plan a trip that includes everything starting from your departure for the tour till our arrival at you place back. The flight tickets, the room bookings, Forex, travel insurance etc.
- You should carry only the necessary luggage. Always check the season/ climate first before you start planning the itinerary.
- Since it is one of the expensive cities, ensure you have sufficient balance in your forex card. We would suggest you to carry Weizmann Forex Multi-Currency Prepaid Forex Card for your trip, as the card allows you to carry multiple currency wallet on a single card, plus you get additional benefits and offers on your card. Other than the ease of use, such a card also offers many other features like waived off ATM withdrawal charges, cross-currency exchange surcharges and other benefits and discounts. Some cards even come with insurance cover depending upon the issuer and plan you choose for your card.
- You can choose to skip the fancy restaurants and hipster café and dine at the local hawkers for the authentic cuisine. After all, these local stored are the places where you get the local experience.
- You can also use the public transport which is more cheap, safe and convenient. You can easily get down to the public transport to see the main sights, travel smart in Singapore.
- Partying and smoking can be expensive as they charge high tax on alcohol, look for happy hour deals.
- You should know the custom rules and the duty free concessions as you may be charged if not following the rules.
- Singapore enjoys the high safety standards and accordingly the crime rate is low.
- Tourists can claim for a refund of 7% on the Goods and service tax, terms and conditions applied.
- You can enjoy safe drinking water directly from the tap, as it passes WHO standards.
- You should be aware of the useful numbers there, in case you get into some issue you can seek help at the Police on 999, Ambulance and Fire Brigade at 995, and Flight information at 18005424422.
What places must be on your list?
There are many beautiful places to visit in Singapore, some of them are listed below-
- Asian Civilization Museum- It has an integral view of the pan Asian culture, and nation’s multiethnic community.
- Merlion Park- It has the famous statue of a fish and a lion mix, which is the national symbol of the Singapore.
- Lau Pa Sat Festival Pavilion- It is one of the historic markets for shopping as well as culture experience, also called as Telok Ayer Market.
- Arts Science Museum - A lotus flower at the Marina Bay hotel has natural light filters and 21 galleries.
- Singapore Flyer- With the huge observation wheel, one can have a 360 degree view of the city.
- Universal Studios Singapore- It is one of the fun filled themed adventure park, located within Resorts World Sentosa on Sentosa Island, Singapore. It features 28 rides, shows, and attractions in seven themed zones.
Other than these you can choose your sightseeing from the following places as well-
- Night Safari Nocturnal Wildlife Park
- Singapore Zoo
- Sentosa Island
- Clarke Quay
- National Orchid Garden.
- Bugis Junction
- IMM Outlet Mall
- Cloud forest
- Super tree grove
All in all, Singapore has a lot to offer an Indian tourist or any tourist at all. So head to the city-state that went from third world to first world in just one generation, as soon as you can!
Other useful tips-
✓ It is advised that you get vaccinated before going to Singapore for the general medical safety of the tourists. Although, a medical check-up is mandatory while appealing for visa but ensuring your health is foremost your own responsibility.
✓ Avail the services like travel insurance, Multi- Currency Prepaid Forex Card well in advance, to enjoy best rates.
✓ Carry less amount of cash preferably local currency in more denominations than your own currency (to be exchanged).
To sum up, this diverse island country has something of interest for every type of traveler. Whether you have just 24 hours or a week in Singapore now is the time to pack your bags and visit this high-tech city. Happy Holidays!