The Pound Sterling is the official currency of the following countries namely United Kingdom, the Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man. It is also unofficially used by Uganda, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Zambia, Botswana, Rwanda and Tanzania. The Bank of England administers the Pound Sterling and is commonly abbreviated as ‘GBP’ or ‘£’. Indian Rupees can be converted to Pound Sterling in the form of currency notes, forex cards and traveller’s cheques. The frequently used denominations of Pound Sterling bank notes are £5, £10, £20, and £50 and all these denominations are readily available and can be purchased in India. The Pound Sterling is very frequently used in international foreign exchange transactions. In addition to that, it contributed a huge amount of 11.8% of the global foreign exchange market turnover in 2013, thereby making it the 4th most-traded currency in the world. It is found that the Pound Sterling is a popular choice among most travelers due to the universality and strength of Pound Sterling.
WHY WEIZMANN FOREX?
There is plenty of benefit of Weizmann Forex service in India. It is highly secure and safe.
- You get foreign travel cards for a smarter foreign trip.
- You will be able to transfer money to foreign countries using our wire transfer.
- The best of all is that you can sell off extra foreign currency notes at best exchange rates.
- You can return your foreign travel card once you are back to city and get the best “sell” rate.
- Excellent Customer Support at Weizmann Forex - Weizmann Forex is one of the most Reliable Foreign Currency Exchange Company in India where customer’s expectation is exceeded with prompt service.
STATISTICAL DATA ABOUT THE GROWTH RATE OF CONVERTING INR TO GBP
When we take a look at the growth cycle of the INR / GBP exchange it has been gradually decreasing in steady state over the past 10 years. It reached its peak growth only in the year 2009 and suffered a heavy downfall in the year 2013. It has been constantly increasing at a very slow pace over the next few years from 2013 but it has not reached a huge hike though. Below is the list of the highest and lowest exchange rate of INR / GBP:
- Lowest INR / GBP Currency Exchange Rate- The rate of the INR / GBP exchange rate in the year 2013 is Rs 0.00974 per 1 INR.
- Highest INR / GBP Currency Exchange Rate- The rate of the INR / GBP exchange rate in the year 2009 is Rs 0.01534 per 1 INR.