The Hong Kong Dollar, commonly abbreviated as ‘HKD’ or ‘HK$’, is the official currency of Hong Kong. Hong Kong Dollar coins were first minted by London’s Royal Mint in 1863, and by 1935, they were the only functional currency. After being suspended for a while during the Japanese occupation in favour of the Japanese Military Yen, they were reinstated in 1945. The Hong Kong Monetary Authority administers the Hong Kong dollar. Indian Rupees can be easily converted to Hong Kong Dollar and they are readily available for purchase in the form of currency notes in denominations of HK$10, HK$20, HK$50, HK$100, HK$500 and HK$1000, as well as forex cards. In 2015, a commemorative HK$150 bank note was issued, to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. The Hong Kong Dollar is frequently used in international foreign exchange transactions and in addition to that, it contributed 1.4% of the global foreign exchange market turnover in 2013, thereby making it the 13th most-traded currency in the world.
WHY WEIZMANN FOREX?
There is plenty of benefit of Weizmann Forex service in India. It is highly secure and safe.
- You get foreign travel cards for a smarter foreign trip.
- You will be able to transfer money to foreign countries using our wire transfer.
- The best of all is that you can sell off extra foreign currency notes at best exchange rates.
- You can return your foreign travel card once you are back to city and get the best “sell” rate.
- Excellent Customer Support at Weizmann Forex - Weizmann Forex is one of the most Reliable Foreign Currency Exchange Company in India where customer’s expectation is exceeded with prompt service.
STATISTICAL DATA ABOUT THE GROWTH RATE OF CONVERTING INR TO HKD
When we take a look at the growth cycle of the INR / HKD exchange it has been gradually decreasing in steady state over the past 10 years. It reached its peak growth only in the year 2009 and suffered a heavy downfall in the year 2013. It has been constantly increasing at a very slow pace over the next few years from 2013 but it has not reached a huge hike though. Below is the list of the highest and lowest exchange rate of INR / HKD:
- Lowest INR / HKD Currency Exchange Rate- The rate of the INR / HKD exchange rate in the year 2013 is Rs 0.11886 per 1 INR.
- Highest INR / HKD Currency Exchange Rate- The rate of the INR / HKD exchange rate in the year 2009 is Rs 0.19714 per 1 INR.