It is interesting to know that the Singapore Dollar was introduced in 1967, and is currently the official currency of Singapore and Brunei. In the 18th and 19th century, paper money appeared and since Singapore was a British colony, it began using the Straits Dollar in 1845. After almost a century, the Malayan Dollar replaced it in 1939, which was afterwards replaced by the Malaya and British Borneo Dollar in 1953. When the country achieved independence as the Republic of Singapore in 1965, a Board of Commissioners of Currency was established and introduced the Singapore Dollar. The primary notes were identified as ‘Orchid’ notes. The Singapore Dollar is administered and produced by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and is commonly abbreviated as SGD or S$ or $. One can readily convert Indian Rupees to Singapore Dollars to buy SGD in India in the form of forex cards and currency notes in the following denominations namely $2, $5, $10, $20, $25, $50, $100, $500, $1000 and $10,000 available for purchase in India. The design of the currency notes comprises of artworks depicting the first President of Singapore, as well as features of civic virtue. The Singapore Dollar is popularly used in international foreign exchange transactions and contributed 1.4% of the global foreign exchange market turnover in 2013, making it the 15th most-traded currency in the world.
WHY WEIZMANN FOREX?
There is plenty of benefit of Weizmann Forex service in India. It is highly secure and safe.
- You get foreign travel cards for a smarter foreign trip.
- You will be able to transfer money to foreign countries using our wire transfer.
- The best of all is that you can sell off extra foreign currency notes at best exchange rates.
- You can return your foreign travel card once you are back to city and get the best “sell” rate.
- Excellent Customer Support at Weizmann Forex - Weizmann Forex is one of the most Reliable Foreign Currency Exchange Company in India where customer’s expectation is exceeded with prompt service.
STATISTICAL DATA ABOUT THE GROWTH RATE OF CONVERTING INR TO SGD
When we take a look at the growth cycle of the INR / SGD exchange it has been gradually decreasing in steady state over the past 10 years. It reached its peak growth only in the year 2009 and suffered a heavy downfall in the year 2013. It has been constantly increasing at a very slow pace over the next few years from 2013 but it has not reached a huge hike though. Below is the list of the highest and lowest exchange rate of INR / SGD:
- Lowest INR / SGD Currency Exchange Rate- The rate of the INR / SGD exchange rate in the year 2013 is Rs 0.01929 per 1 INR.
- Highest INR / SGD Currency Exchange Rate- The rate of the INR / SGD exchange rate in the year 2009 is Rs 0.03614 per 1 INR.